Calling all villagers - and those further afield!
As you may or may not know, Bertie Gilbart-Smith usually organises a small display of classic cars at the Waltham St Lawrence & Shurlock Row Parish Fete, which this year is to be held on the 16th June.
Unfortunately, Bertie has a prior engagement on that day, so he has asked me to pick up the bat (or cudgel!) and to take over the organisation this year.
Do you have a Classic Car that you would like to show?
I know everybody that sees these fantastic machines really does appreciate the cars - and your efforts in getting them there. If you are free on the 16th and could spare a few hours of your time, we would really appreciate it!
Real ale fans are in for a treat at the Waltham St Lawrence Summer Fete and Dog Show on 16th June as the bar once again promises to stock some of the finest beers from Marlow’s Rebellion Brewery.
A range of lagers will also be on offer, as well as a selection of red and white wines, soft drinks and, of course, the obligatory Pimms!
From 5pm, when the Live Music kicks in, there will be Prosecco available for people to enjoy before tucking into their sumptuous Indian feast courtesy of Twyford’s Haweli.
This year’s event has everything one would hope for from a typical Village Fete.
* A BBQ will be running all day, complete with hot dogs, burgers and veggie options.
* The bar will be open serving real ales from Marlow’s Rebellion Brewery, lagers, red and white wine, Pimms and soft drinks.
* For those who prefer something softer, the Tea Tent will be serving teas and coffees and a selection of homemade cakes kindly donated by keen bakers from throughout the Parish.
* The Dog Show returns for another year, giving proud pet owners the chance to show off their beautifully groomed and well behaved pups and compete for the chance to win a coveted rosette.
* The phenomenal Waltham St Lawrence Silver Band will be entertaining the crowds with their wonderful live music.
* Vintage motoring enthusiasts can pore over the fine collection of Classic Cars that will be on display, courtesy of their proud owners from in and around the area.
* Craft stalls will display and sell a range of handmade products.
* The local Fire Service will be in attendance, inviting young fans (and perhaps some older ones!) to experience sitting up front in a real Fire Engine.
* The annual Raffle will take place for your chance to win anything from cash to vouchers, hampers and experiences – all kindly donated by local businesses.
* And, finally, a vast array of Side Shows will keep people of all ages amused.
* The fun starts from 1pm at Waltham St Lawrence Cricket Ground, and we look forward to welcoming you then.
* Parking is free and entrance costs a nominal amount.
* From 5pm you can enjoy Live Music from two fantastic local bands, an Indian meal from Twyford’s Haweli restaurant and, of course, the Bar shall remain open.
If there's something you'd like to see at the fete,
let us know what it is!
We don't make any promises! ...
but your ideas are very welcome and will be seriously considered.
And if you say "yes" to add yourself to the email list, we'll send out very occasional updates.
What a spread!
Always a very popular feature of the fete, the lovely ladies of the tea tent
will tempt you with their delicious sandwiches and cakes.
The famous fete barbeque will be in operation again, with delicious spicy chicken rolls and steak sandwiches as well as the usual top quality burgers and sausages.